I was pleasantly surprised by how many fellow mummies related so well to my previous post on siblings. With all the challenges it presents, having more children is truly an amazing experience, and as one mummy put it so well, adds colour to our lives.
While my own kids were (and constantly are!) my inspiration, I totally forgot to add that I also recently came across these two very moving videos. – the first of two lovely boys standing up to bullies against their two sisters who both have Down’s, and the second of two brothers, one who competes in triathlons, pulling or pushing his older brother with cerebral palsy along. Get your tissues ready.
The Hollis Boys, 6 and 7, “Speaking up for our sisters” with Downs Syndrome
Sports Illustrated Kids 2012 SportsKids of the Year: Conner and Cayden Long
- Sports Illustrated Kids Brings Awareness To CP. (lifeintheblueridges.wordpress.com)
- ‘Sports Illustrated Kids’ SportKids of the Year are absolutely wonderful – VIDEO (family-room.ew.com)
- Meet The Sports Illustrated Sports Kids Of The Year: Conner And Cayden Long (mix1051.cbslocal.com)
- A boy with cerebral palsy is a sports star of the year (lovethatmax.com)
- Brotherly Love (dmgdomoregood.wordpress.com)