Ah, nothing like a bit of jet lag mixed in with the kids waking you at night to really make you feel like you need a holiday to get over your last holiday. It was all well worth it, of course. We had a pretty leisurely week that wasn’t too packed with activities, and the highlights were:
- Incredibly wonderful weather – sunny but cool, and not a drop of rain – the boys actually have a slight tan!
- Arriving at the (lovely but nothing fancy) hotel for check-in, only to find the entire Arsenal team gathered there. Nothing like a spot of celebrity spotting eh?
- Doing the touristy thing and taking a city tour, and learning so much on it
- Only having to look after 1 child – what a breeze!
- Being able to go to celebrity chef restaurants because we only have that one child (more on that in another post)
- Catching up with old friends
- And of course, paying pilgrimage (for the hubby) to his favourite football team (out of London)
We were a little apprehensive bringing even Mittens along, but I’m glad I convinced the hubby to, because he’s at that age which is so much easier, and can enjoy himself a lot more. I also felt that he badly needed some undivided attention, and that some separation from his brother would be good!
I think we still have many more to-dos on our list, especially since there is just so darn much to see and do in the United Kingdom that I think we will definitely be back.